Dear Burnham Elementary School Families,
We ask for your cooperation in completing the 5 Essentials Parent Survey.
What are the 5Essentials and 5Essentials Survey?
5Essentials is an evidence-based system designed to drive improvement in schools nationwide—it reliably measures changes in a school organization through the 5Essentials Survey and provides individualized, actionable Reports for each school. The 5Essentials system is based on more than 20 years of research by the University of Chicago Consortium on School Research on five components found to be critical for school success:
- Effective Leaders: The principal works with teachers to implement a clear and strategic vision for school success.
- Collaborative Teachers: Teachers collaborate to promote professional growth..
- Involved Families: The entire school staff builds strong relationships with families and communities to support learning.
- Supportive Environment: The school is safe and orderly. Teachers have high expectations for students and support students to realize their goals. Classmates also support one another.
- Ambitious Instruction: Classes are academically demanding and engage students by emphasizing the application of knowledge.
The 5Essentials Survey is taken by all prekindergarten through 8th-grade teachers and all fourth- through 8th-grade students and usually requires no more than 30 minutes to complete. The information collected through the survey is rigorously reviewed and analyzed to generate a 5Essentials Report for each school. The 5Essentials Report includes a breakdown of teacher and student responses and, most importantly, provides a comprehensive picture of the school environment based on five essential areas critical for school improvement in a meaningful context of similar and successful schools.
Please help us out by taking the survey. We will only get the results of the survey if 30% of our parent population takes the survey.
We will use the results of this survey to plan for the years to come. Feedback from parents is the best way to make us better! We greatly appreciate you for participating in this survey!
You can access the survey by clicking on the following link:
Superintendent / Principal
Burnham Elementary School
Building Extraordinary Students!